Saturday, August 11, 2012

God Bless you, SISTERS!

The Sisters have voted to continue their mission - to stand with the Laity and follow God's leading in their religious life.  We can do no less.  It behooves us all to seek - in our deepest depths - the call of God and its meaning for our lives. 

The sisters have concluded that their discussions with the bishops will not start with doctrine but with their understanding of religious life.  This, to me, means that their identities (hidden in God) are on the line.  And that their responses will be in line with their vows to God and their ongoing discerning of the "signs of the times" with regard to God's call.

I can do no more than to suggest for all of us what I suggested when I first learned of the Vatican's crackdown on the LCWR:  Where they go, we should go.

I urge all who read here to search your consciences and lend every possible support to the sisters.  They need our prayers.  They need a continuing groundswell of encouragement:  verbal; written; and financial.

In my view their response to the Vatican is prophetic.  It includes a concern for the laity and particularly for the role of women in the church.  I thank God for their witness and their leadership!

Glory to God!!!

No comments: